He is a 9 time World Muay Thai and Kickboxing champion; an accomplishment that still hasn’t been beaten by anyone.
Rob was feared for his devastating low kicks wich made him the most feared fighter of his era.
Rob started training Muay Thai at the famous Mejiro Gym in Amsterdam in 1978 under supervision of the late Jan Plas and more recently Andre Mannaart.
In 1980 Rob had become an A-class fighter in Holland and won most of his fights by KO.
His international breakthrough was his fight with Blinky Rodriquez which he won in the second round with a low kick to the leg.
Though Rob has been famous for his low kicks he was an intelligent fighter who could make the right combinations with the right timing. This decided the matches in many cases.
Rob Kaman fought all over the world, from Thailand and Japan to North America and Europe. He also appeared in a couple of movies: Bloodfist (1990), The Legionnaire (1998).
His last fight was in 1999 when he fought against the 21 year old Alexey Ignashov.
Though he won the fight by points, after the fight Rob said that Alexey is the real winner and gave his trophy to him.
Rob got a standing ovation from the crowd for his glorious carreer of more than 100 fights and became a living legend.
- 1995 K-2 France Grand Prix ’95 Champion
- 1992-94 I.S.K.A. Oriental Rules Light Heavyweight World Champion
- 1992 I.S.K.A. Full Contact Super Middleweight World Champion
- 1992 W.K.A. Full Contact Super Light Heavyweight World Champion
- 1990 I.M.T.F.(currently I.M.F.) Muay Thai Light Heavyweight World Champion
- 1989-90 W.K.A. Full Contact Light Heavyweight World Champion
- 1988-89 W.K.A. Full Contact Light Heavyweight World Champion
- P.K.A. Full Contact European Champion
- 1983-87 W.K.A. Full Contact Middleweight World Champion
- I.K.B.F. Full Contact Light Heavyweight World Champion